Find national and local resources for your community. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to add to this directory.
[last update 8/9/2019]
Arizona Legal Resources
PUENTE Arizona. The Puente Human Rights Movement is a grassroots migrant justice organization based in Phoenix, Arizona. We develop, educate, and empower migrant communities to protect and defend our families and ourselves.
No More Deaths - No Más Muertes. The mission of No More Deaths is to end death and suffering in the Mexico–US borderlands through civil initiative: people of conscience working openly and in community to uphold fundamental human rights. They have the following programs: Aid in the Desert; Aid in Mexico; Abuse Documentation; Keep Tucson Together Legal Clinic; Helping Get Belongings Back; Searching for the disappeared; Supporting Bordelrlands Communities.
Massachusetts Legal Resources
- (MA) Community Legal Services and Counseling Center (Asylum victims of domestic violence, victims of certain qualifying crimes who have suffered substantial physical or mental abuse as a result of having been a victim of that crime and have information concerning the criminal activity, Immigrants who have been victims of human trafficking)
- Greater Boston Legal Service for low income individuals and families (Boston, MA)
- Southeast Immigrant Rights Network is helping on the ground. They created this form for anyone wanting to help fill out. Share widely: https://form.jotform.com/92186452663160
- Mississippi Immigrants Rights Alliance is a state-wide group in MS responding to all of this. Donate to them at https://yourmira.wpcomstaging.com/
- Read this toolkit from the Tennessee Immigrants & Refugee Rights Coalition (TIRRC), on lessons learned from them on how to respond to mass worksite raids: https://www.tnimmigrant.org/news/worksiteraidresponsetoolkit
New York Legal Resources
- Families for Freedom in NY a multi-ethnic human rights organization by and for families facing and fighting deportation. We are immigrant prisoners (detainees), former immigrant prisoners, their loved ones, or individuals at risk of deportation. We come from dozens of countries, across continents.
- The Urban Justice Center in NY. The Urban Justice Center has advocated for and empowered New York City's most vulnerable residents through a combination of direct legal service, systemic advocacy, community education and political organizing. We assist our clients on numerous levels, from one-on-one legal advice in soup kitchens to helping individuals access housing and government assistance, to filing class action lawsuits to bring about systemic change.
Pennsylvania Legal Resources
JUNTOS Philadelphia. Juntos is a community-led, Latinx immigrant organization in South Philadelphia fighting for our human rights as workers, parents, youth, and immigrants. We believe that every human being has the right to a quality education and the freedom to live with dignity regardless of immigration status.
Nationalities Service Center in Philadelphia. NSC provides comprehensive services to immigrants and refugees, including legal protections, community integration, access to health and wellness services, and opportunities to achieve English language proficiency. Their dedicated staff is committed to ensuring that each of their clients receives high-quality holistic care and work together to refer clients to internal and external services based on the individual’s needs.